Saturday, August 19, 2017

August 19 - Heybrook Lookout

Heybrook Lookout Trail

Total Miles: 2.6
Elevation Gain: 850 feet
Highlights: Excellent views, well-maintained trail, interesting lookout tower
More information: http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/heybrook-lookout


It was a nice day (not too hot) with clear skies, so it was the perfect time to make a quick trip up Highway 2 to Heybrook Lookout.  For a Saturday afternoon, the trail was not that busy, and I even lucked out and had the lookout platform to myself while I ate my lunch.  There were just enough clouds in the sky to keep photos interesting without obscuring any of the mountain peaks.  

Tomorrow, I have a Mountain Steward shift, so the short, yet moderately steep, trail to Heybrook Lookout was a good warm-up for the miles I'll be getting in then. 




Everyone loves some Simpsons artwork.
Help me raise money for Washington Trails Association by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment