Thursday, August 3, 2017

August 2 - Soaring Eagle Regional Park

Soaring Eagle Regional Park 5k Loop: 

Route (from the trailhead on East Main Dr.): Double D → Sleigh Ride → Northwest Passage → South Trail → Princess Trail → Blue Jay Way → Pipe line back to trailhead
Total Miles: 3.1
Elevation Gain: 243 feet
Highlights: Gentle ascents and descents, many interconnected trails good for creating your own loops
More Information: https://www.trailrunproject.com/trail/7031754


A few weeks ago, I signed up for REI's Search for Sasquatch 5k Trail Run to motivate me to start running again.  Then I didn't run at all between the day I signed up and race day, choosing instead to hike and do other workouts.  It was also 90 degrees yesterday, and I don't tolerate heat well, so this 5k trail run became more of a 5k trail walk.  I ran some, and I'm sure I could have run more of the course than I did, but why get super sweaty just to have a slightly faster finishing time?  There was still cold water, bananas, Kind bars, and REI hats at the finish line regardless of how long it took to get there.  

There are 12 miles of trails weaving throughout Soaring Eagle Park with clear signs and maps at each trail junction.  It would be a good place to wander outside in the off-season or when you don't have time for a more distant trail but still want a little nature fix.  

Please help support WTA by making a contribution to my Hike-A-Thon campaign here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment